I am always looking for unique and different ways to serve vegetables. This zucchini recipe is perfect to serve as an accompaniment to grilled meats, hamburgers, and hot dogs. A step away from classic slaw – destined to become a family favorite.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 large crisp apples, cored and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and caraway seed in a small bowl. Whisk thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, onions, and apples together. Pour the dressing over the zucchini mixture and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- I like to start my adding only 1/2 of the dressing to the zucchini mixture. I add additional dressing until I have the perfect consistency. I prefer a slaw that is not to "soupy"!
A Passion for Entertaining http://apassionforentertaining.com/