This is my first post in my new category titled EVENTS. Since my recognition by Southern Living this year as one of their favorite food bloggers of 2017, I have had many opportunities to attend various culinary events. Under EVENTS. I will be sharing interesting culinary events that I find and think that you too might be interested in attending.
If you are in the Washington, DC area on Thursday, May 18th, you might want to consider heading to the National Zoo. This is a premier culinary event and I am drooling just reading the list of restaurants and vintners attending,
Throughout the evening, guests will enjoy:
- Complimentary food tastings from more than 100 of Washington, D.C.’s top restaurants
- Cocktail tastings with seasonal and gourmet ingredients crafted by celebrity bartenders and popular mixologists
- Animal encounters along Olmsted walk where guests can learn more about some of the Zoo’s most popular residents
- After-hours access to the Small Mammal House, the Great Ape House and the Reptile Discovery Center
- An exciting LIVE auction with animal-themed items and exclusive getaways
- Complimentary craft cocktails, beer, wine, soft drinks and water
- Live entertainment and other fun activities
Check out their website – this looks like a terrific event and a great cause!