The combination of salty and sweet is fantastic in this recipe. A great combination of flavors and very easy to make. After a wonderful meal, many times just one small sweet is all you need to finish a meal. I like to serve small bites for dessert and these are perfect. These would pair great with a Tawny Port after dinner.
After making this recipe for my photo shoot, I sent the remaining bars to work with my husband to share. Reviews were outstanding.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven 350°
- Combine flour, brown sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender. Press mixture into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Bake 15 minutes, cool 5 minutes.
- Chop nuts slightly. Sprinkle over cooked crust. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and heat over low heat until all of the chips have melted. Drizzle mixture over nuts. Bake 5 minutes. For ease in cutting, cut bars while warm.