Vidalia Onion Dip was another one of my mom’s favorites that I discovered on a well used recipe card in my card file. You know this is a good recipe when she commented on the number of people that requested that she bring this over and over again. You might wonder how I know these little facts, my mom (and now I do this same thing) wrote copious notes inside covers of her books, note books and recipe cards, these notes included everything from when she served it last, where she served it and any noteworthy fact she wanted to remember. My daughter served this last weekend; after a day in the stadium watching our favorite college team play football. This dip was perfect to serve on a beautiful fall day celebrating with great friends. This recipe is now a three generation favorite in our family!
- 2 cups finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups chopped Vidalia onions
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine first three ingredients. Pour into a greased casserole dish, top with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake 325 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with crackers.
- This recipe can be made ahead up to 2 days. Just refrigerate until you are ready to bake.