When was the last time you served Brussels Sprouts ? If you have not tried brussel sprouts lately, now is the time to give them a try. My husband remembers boiled brussel spouts as a child and I must say he was not too eager to try these. Happy to say he is now a brussel sprout fan after I starting making brussels sprouts this way. I think you will agree that these are too good not to try!
- 20 - 30 brussel sprouts, ends cut and brussel sprouts cut into 4 quarters
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large ovenproof skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the brussel sprouts and cook until the edges of the Brussels sprouts turn golden brown, stir frequently. Put the skillet in the preheated oven, bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges begin to become caramelized and dark brown. Stir frequently. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and top with the pine nuts, return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Stir frequently, you do not want the pine nuts to burn, just turn light golden brown. Remove from the oven, drizzle with additional olive oil, salt and pepper and top with grated parmesan cheese.