This is a delicious way to use leftover pasta combined any sort of meats or vegetables. I even love to make this even when I do not have leftover pasta, I cook the pasta and this time I added fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach and Italian sausage. The combination of pasta, cheese, vegetables and meat all cooked until it is enveloped in a golden crust. Crusty and delicious on the outside, warm and gooey on the inside, a real taste treat. Serve with a side of marinara sauce, if desired.
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti, cooked
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Any assortment of meats and vegetables - diced fresh tomato, cooked Italian sausage, mushrooms, diced red, yellow or green peppers, diced onion, diced pepperoni or your preferred assortment
- Mix together all ingredients except the olive oil. Heat a large heavy 10 inch skillet over medium high heat, add oil. When hot, add the pasta mixture spreading it evenly in the pan and pressing the top to make a flat surface. Cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown. Invert frittata onto a plate, then slip it back into the skillet to brown on the other side. Cook until the other side is golden brown, approx. 2 - 3 minutes. Top with additional cheese, if desired. Cut into wedges to serve.